Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Meditation cures panic attacks


 

From Chicago Now        
by YouKnowNeen

How a 40 day meditation practice can soothe your soul
"A consistent meditation practice, for me, has been the foundation to a sense of mental, physical and spiritual well being. Last November, after suffering the first time from a few mild panic attacks, I set out on a 40 day meditation practice of my own to help calm me down and figure out what the hell was going on with me. (Click here to read weekly blog posts of my 40 day journey.

Over the years, through therapy, reading spiritual texts, developing a meditation practice and surrounding myself and drinking red wine with wonderful, like minded souls, I've learned to manage my anxiety with the end goal being 1. a healthier me and 2. to stop the cycle of anxiety that runs deep in my family history.

I spoke with my meditation teacher at length and she advised me that circumstances do not cause our suffering. While circumstances can be sad, painful, trying - it is not these moments that cause anxiety - it is our lack of faith. A lack of faith. A lack of self. A LACK. Period. When we lose our faith, lose our Self, we forget that we have everything we need within us to manifest contentment in our life, regardless of what is going on in our outside world.

After 40 days of mediation and journaling, I learned a lot. I calmed down. The panic attacks stopped...." more

No comments:

Post a Comment