Saturday, 21 February 2015
Seven ways meditation changes your brain and body
From Business Insider UK
by Kevin Loria
1. Meditation can help you deal with stress and negative emotions.
2. At the same time, meditation could boost positive skills like memory and awareness.
3. Meditating for years is associated with brain changes that help you get along with others.
4. It doesn't take long to see meditation's benefits — just weeks can change your brain.
5. The benefits of meditation extend to other parts of your body too, including your heart.
6. There are also signs that meditation can help boost your immune system — or at least help ward off the flu.
7. Meditation may help prevent genetic damage.
Read it all